A world that is better for the most neglected kids at their most vulnerable times.
BFK partners with local pastors and equips them to transform the lives of children in their area, enabling the church to impact families and communities with practical actions that display Christ’s love.
What We Do
BFK Mercy Ministry
A ministry that transforms communities through equipping local churches’ children ministries.
- Partner – We partner with local pastors and their families to build relationships and together unify in the vision of changing communities through children’s ministry.
- Polish – Many churches in needy areas are a light to their communities. To make that light visible, BFK aids church leaders in polishing and reviving their vision of outreach to needy families in their community.
- Train – After unifying in vision, BFK Mercy Ministry trains pastors to engage their church in outreach to needy children and their families. We encourage pastors to repeat the cycle and train other church leaders in their church to do the same.
- Visit – BFK trains church leaders to conduct regular visits to families of children they serve. Visits include prayer, scripture, encouragement, physical and spiritual assistance, and counseling.
- Provide Projects – Based on family visitations and the church’s increased involvement in their communities, families begin sharing their need with church leaders and pastors. BFK Mercy Ministry prays over these need and, when led, grants families a small fund to create an economic project, bring them a sustainable income.
- Foster Dialogue – As leaders work to impact the children and families in their communities, BFK Mercy Ministry connects leaders from different areas to each other. Through discussion and sharing of different testimonies over Whatsapp groups, leaders are uplifted and motivated to continue the work. They are also encouraged to pray for others and feel unified in mission.
- Better for Women – Our newest ministry aims to encourage wives of local pastors through prayer, counseling, and encouragement.
BFK trains pastors to engage their church in outreach to needy children and their families through regular family visits. Visits include prayer, scripture, encouragement, physical and spiritual help, counseling and micro enterprise projects.
Academies are established in local churches and provide educational opportunities for children.
- Provide a “Head Start” – BFK Academies provide a solid foundation for the youngest and poorest children before they enter public schools. We focus on ages younger than five as this is often to most overlooked age group.
- Teach – BFK Academies provide both secular and biblical teaching to give a wholesome educational experience to the child.
- Encourage Family Involvement – Family involvement is encouraged and sometimes mandatory, focusing on training in parenting, family life and spiritual development.
We have found that there are very little educational programs for the youngest, poorest children. BFK academies are established in the local church and provide a “head start” for these children who are not yet old enough to attend public schools. Daily programs utilize both secular and biblical teaching. Family involvement is also encouraged and sometimes mandatory, focusing on training in parenting, family life and spiritual development.
When the world is made better for kids, families are empowered, the church is revived, and the community is reached with the gospel.